Nihongo Pera Pera is an innovative, digital-only textbook for the high school classroom. The full, purchase version will be available both online and offline, from individual purchase, to Classroom sets (easier for schools to manage). There are also unique ways to access the book as it can be located on a school/district network, or individual devices, so that even if the internet is down (or access is shut off), learning can still happen, and quiz scores will still be kept (and will be retrievable).
More information about this Field Test will be added to this page, below. Check back often.
- The layout is in LANDSCAPE (for projection on a screen). Rotate your device 90 degrees, to better view the textbook.
- This interactive online textbook can be accessed from any device
- All four levels scaffold learning to be able to achieve a score of 3, 4 or 5 on the AP Japanese Exam at its completion
- Each unit is based on the AP World Language Themes starting with level 1 and incorporates the Interpersonal, Interpretive and Presentational Mode activities
- Kanji practice sheets based on vocabulary in each chapter
- PDF files available for printing certain activities within the textbook, kana and kanji practice sheets, and a grammar workbook
Check out the User Guide video, which will show many of the features of this book. You can stop and start it as you like, to fully understand the areas you are not sure about.
If you are using an Apple product and have trouble seeing this video, then check out our YouTube Channel to find one you can view.
I. Can-do statements
II. Essential Question
III. Activate Prior Knowledge
IV. Interpersonal Mode ‐ Natural conversations using the target grammar with audio
V. Interpretive Mode ‐ Interpretation of reading and listening sections
VI. Presentational Mode ‐ Presentations in speaking and/or writing
VII. Revisit the Essential Question ‐ Look more in depth at information about the Essential Question ‐ in English as necessary for lower levels ‐ Share answers regarding the Essential Question
VIII. Vocabulary List ‐ Japanese ‐English list with audio
IX. Grammar Explanations ‐ Grammar explanations in plain English with examples
We are teachers and educators based in Japan, the UK, Canada and the US. Our focus is on providing high quality content digitally. We preserve the strength of books (the layout, graphics and so on) while also adding in the elements that teachers want, and students need. Simultaneously, our solution enables the books to be used as full e-learning content and integrated to the wider LMS environment.
Copyright 2016 DECPublishing